1st VSC Requirements for Membership
The 1st VSC is a great place for pilots with all experience ranges and game expectations. One of our wings and squadrons is bound to fit most virtual pilots.
Our goal is to create a fun and challenging environment where you can learn and grow into a effective combat simulator pilot! We have two main platforms we fly which are Digital Combat Simulator and Falcon BMS. You will need to select a primary airframe to initially be placed into a squadron, however most of our pilots fly a slew of different airframes.
Below is a list of requirements you will need to meet to joint the 1st VSC. Any questions at all that you have can be directed to Wing leadership.
Our only requirements:
- Must be located in North America. This does not apply to BMS! However with the amount of squadrons and pilots we are limiting this to specific time zones for the time being.
- Must own DCS with your primary module as the F-16, F-18, F-15E, F-14, A-10II, or AV-8B. You will also need the following theatres, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, and Sinai. Must own Falcon 4.0 and BMS for that platform.
- Must have the latest patch to BMS and DCS. These will depend on the squadron you apply for. For DCS we fly Open Beta 2.9 currently.
- Must also have Discord and SRS (until DCS voice chat is updated)
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must not be a member of another wing while you are a member of the 1st VSC, unless OK’d by your CO. As a pilot in the 1st VSC, your loyalty and dedication should be to the 1st VSC. If another squadron interferes with your participation in the 1st VSC, you will be asked to make a choice between the two.
- Must be able to attend squadron meetings, and flights on a regular basis (at least one flight every 2 weeks).
- Must be 18 years of age or older (depends mainly on maturity, Squadron CO’s may elect to make exceptions on a case by case basis.
- Must be willing to abide by the 1st VSC Code of Conduct.
Once accepted, you will receive email instructions to setup your pilot page. Once complete you will be placed into one of our training squadrons (USAF or USN or BMS) depending on what module is your primary for DCS.
If you or someone you know would like to join the 1st VSC, please fill out the form to the right and someone will get back with you as soon as possible.